Dialysis Centre in Faridabad
Dialysis performs the function of the kidneys when they fail. It refers to the process of artificial purification of the blood. It helps in removing extra water, electrolytes and waste products from the body that build up when kidneys are not functioning.
Dialysis is of two types – Hemodialysis & Peritoneal dialysis. Peritoneal dialysis involves inserting a pipe (catheter) into one’s abdomen. Clean fluid (dialysate) is filled into the abdominal cavity where it pulls out the impurities, salts and extra fluid in the blood. The dirty fluid is then drained out and replaced with clean fluid again.
Hemodialysis is the most common type of dialysis. In hemodialysis, blood is pulled out of the body and passed through an artificial kidney (dialyzer or blood filter) for cleaning. The clean blood is then pumped back into the patient’s body through the return line. It is done regularly two to three times a week at a hospital or dialysis clinic. Recently facilities for doing hemodialysis at home have also been made available.
The Hemo Dialysis Center at Metro Hospital Faridabad provides state-of-the-art dialysis services in a comfortable and home-like facility. For people with kidney disease requiring kidney dialysis, we offer:
- World class dialysis center, open 7 days a week and operating three shifts in a day
- All nephrology services including hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal biopsy & kidney transplant care is done under the guidance of experienced nephrologists.
- Option for choosing between conventional hemodialysis or Online HDF (online hemodiafiltration)– the latest and most advanced form of dialysis.
- Close monitoring and audit of machines, equipment and patient outcomes.
- Special emphasis on sanitization and maintaining cleanliness
- Trained staff members (nurses and technicians) that follow standardized active infection control practices to minimize the rates of infections.
- Dedicated double RO water plant exclusively for patients.
- Isolation room for seropositive patients with separate machines for Hepatitis B and C patients.
- SRCS global, LLC, USA supported dialysis programs to maintain the highest quality of patient care.
- Special dietary consultation and diet charts, where dieticians with expertise in kidney disorders provide ongoing guidance for nutritional needs.
- Personal attention to patient’s health by nephrologist on daily rounds.
- A dedicated team of highly experienced doctors, technicians, dietician and support staff who work together to provide complete care and a family-like an environment to people on hemodialysis.
INPATIENT DIALYSIS FACILITIES
- Inpatient dialysis treatments (Hemodialysis and SLED) is done on a regular basis for patients inwards and for patients in ICU.
- The equipment for most advanced form of renal replacement therapy (RRT) in the form of CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) is available at Metro Hospital, Faridabad. It plays a pivotal role in the management of critically ill patients in ICU needing high doses of ionotropes, those with severe sepsis and/or cardiovascular compromise.
- Advanced filters like charcoal adsorption filters, Cytosorb, and Immunoadsorption columns are available.
- Cleaning the blood of antibodies in special situations with a process called Plasmapheresis (or Plasma Exchange) is done with closed-circuit technique avoiding infections and other complications.
Kidney failure is often associated with other medical issues, such as heart disease, gastrointestinal problems, orthopedic issues, vascular complications and/or cancer. Patients with a history of kidney diseases who are on dialysis and have to undergo major surgery are at a risk for complications. Such patients are efficiently managed with our expert team of nephrologists and other specialists who are well versed and trained to handle such cases.
Content Edited By - Dr. Sagar Gupta