Facility Update: An exclusive Botox Therapy Clinic launched first time in Faridabad at Metro Heart Institute with Multispecialty under Neurology Department.
Botulinum toxin type A (BOTOX) is therapeutic muscle-relaxing agent that cause weakening of overactive muscles. Although Botulinum toxin is a lethal, naturally occurring substance, it can be used as an effective and powerful medication. These treatments work at the site of the nerves where they are injected. This will effectively weaken the muscle for a period of three to four months.
Mechanism of Botox
Botox injection contains botulinum toxin type A, which is a toxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. Botox blocks signal transmission at the neuromuscular junction by preventing the release of acetylcholine from the presynaptic terminal. The effect is reversed when the preterminal neurite sprouts and reinnervates the muscle. The level of chemical denervation is dependent upon the amount of Botox injected into the muscle.
Conditions treated by Botox
Botox have been used to manage a variety of disorders like;
- Hemificial Spasm: A neurological disorder causing varying degrees of facial spasm, typically originating around the eye of the afflicted side of the face.
- Cervical Dystonia:It is a neuro-muscular disorder of head and neck
- Blepharospasm: Excessive blinking of eyes
- Facial Synkinesis: Facial Synkinesis is a common after effect of Idiopathic Facial Nerve Paralysis which results in a hemifacial paralysis due to non-functionality of the nerve.
- Post Stroke Spasticity: A multitude of movement disorders have been observed after either ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
- Writer's cramp: This causes a cramp or spasm affecting certain muscles of the hand and/or fingers.
- Cerebral palsy: Cerebral palsy is caused by damage to the motor control centers of the developing brain and can occur during pregnancy, childbirth or after birth up to about age three.
Facility at Metro Hospital
We are running an Exclusive Botox Clinic in Faridabad which is headed by Dr. Rohit Gupta, Sr. Consultant- Neurology from Monday to Saturday from 10:00am till 03:00pm.Botox Therapy is just a 5 minute procedure; the effect starts in 2 days and peaks up in 2 weeks and goes up to 3 to 4 months, after which the therapy is repeated. This therapy has immediate results with mostly